Selecting a pet's breed
The breed field on the old PetRescue site may have left a lot of room for creative license, but misspellings, acronyms and abbreviations made it difficult for adopters, and impossible for us to use this information for statistical purposes. The new breed selector is an important part in gathering accurate statistics on the species and breeds most commonly found in rescue. The more information we have the better equipped we are to plan programs and advocate for rescue pets.
The breed select feature will appear when listing a pet. Please use the proper name of the breed, ie: Jack Russell Terrier rather than JRT.
To select a breed:
- Begin typing and a suggested list of breeds will appear
- If your breed is listed, select it by clicking on the breed
- Select the mix checkbox if your pet is multiple breeds of unidentified breeds ie: Abyssinian mix or Koolie x Kelpie mix
- To add a second (or third etc) breed, click back into the breed field and begin typing again
- A cross (x) will automatically appear between each breed listed ie: Labrador x Poodle
Green preview text displays directly below the breed field showing how the breed/s will appear on your listing. Check this and edit your breed field until you are happy with the result.