Can I volunteer with PetRescue?
PetRescue supports more than 1000 rescue groups, shelters and pounds nationwide who list pets for adoption on our website. We're a really small organisation, but we do occasionally have volunteer positions come up which we advertise on our LinkedIn page and also our Facebook page, so be sure to follow us there!
Here are a couple of different ways that you can get involved:
We need Adoption Ambassadors to share these amazing rescue pets far and wide! If you're good with social media, this is for you! The sooner they're adopted, the sooner these amazing rescue orgs can help with saving even more lives.
Here’s how to be a gold star rescue pet ambassador:
- 🐶 Find a pet profile to promote adoption for via PetRescue.com.au
- 🖥 Share to your social network of pet lovers via social media channels (remember to include a source number, microchip number and a breeder ID for dogs and cats)
- 🖨 You can download and print your pet’s adoption poster by clicking on the ‘Adoption Poster’ button on your pet’s profile and post it on bulletin boards at school or in your local community!
- 📷 Donate your amazing skills! Can you help rewrite your selected pet’s bio? Or maybe volunteer some of your secret profesh photography skills and help that pet get some swanky new headshots for their profile? Get in touch with their rescue group directly to see how you can help!
- 📢 Tell us how you go! Did your dedication and creativity help get a pet adopted? Let us know (tag us @PetRescueAU) and we’ll feature YOU as our #PetRescueCitizenAmbassador on socials!
You might also want to hold a fundraiser at your workplace or look into getting a workplace foster care program going!
If you're interested in doing something more 'hands on' with animals, you may wish to contact some of our rescue group members that may have volunteer opportunities - a list of rescue groups can be found in our Rescue Directory and you can search by state to narrow down the results.