I've lost my pet, can you help?
PetRescue doesn't list lost or found pets, but the best course of action to follow is:
- Call your local council and report your pet missing; whether your pet is registered or not, this is the first place most people will call to say they have found a pet.
- The council will also be able to give you a list of other councils and pounds to call. Call them all and if you have email addresses for the councils, email them a description and picture of your pet. This is something they can refer back to later when animals come in. Keep calling the pounds every day.
- Call the RSPCA and report your pet missing. Some RSPCA’s offer a ‘Find-a-Pet’ service which they can take over the calling of pounds and shelters in your area.
- Call all the local vets in your area. Often people will bring a found pet to the vet.
- Door knock all your neighbours and ask them to be on the look-out for your pet; ask them to check their garages and sheds.
For more detailed information, please read: