Selecting a pet's breed
The breed selector is an important part in gathering accurate statistics on the species and breeds most commonly found in rescue. The more information we have the better equipped we are to plan programs and advocate for rescue pets.
The breed select feature appears when listing a pet. This feature is optional - if you don't know the breed or mix of the pet in care you can leave it blank, or select 'mixed breed'.
If selecting a breed please use the proper name of the breed, ie: Jack Russell Terrier rather than JRT.
To select a breed:
- Begin typing and a suggested list of breeds will appear
- If your breed is listed, select it by clicking on the breed
- Select the mix checkbox if your pet is multiple breeds of unidentified breeds ie: Abyssinian mix or Koolie x Kelpie mix
- To add a second (or third etc) breed, click back into the breed field and begin typing again
- A cross (x) will automatically appear between each breed listed ie: Labrador x Poodle
Green preview text displays directly below the breed field showing how the breed/s will appear on your listing. Check this and edit your breed field until you are happy with the result.