Using the 'On Hold' feature
In situations where you may be reviewing applications, the adoption is pending, or the pet is on trial, you can place a pet listing on hold. This will stop further enquiries/applications from being submitted for that particular pet.
Placing a listing on hold removes it from the public listings, however, adopters who have bookmarked the pet in ' My Favourites' can see that the listing has been placed on hold.
There are two ways to place a listing on hold.
First, go to the ' Manage My Pets' page.
- Select the checkbox next to the pet's listing
- then scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the prompts to 'Update status of selected listings to'
- When selecting 'On Hold', another dropdown will appear, where you can select the reason why, as seen below
This option can be used to update the status of multiple pets at once.
The second option to update a pet's status to on hold is by going to the pet listing.
- At the top of the pet's listing, you will find the 'Update Status' section
- Again, when selecting 'On Hold' another dropdown will appear, where you can select the reason why, as seen below
- Be sure to click ‘Update status’ to confirm this change
Bulk message update to enquirers
After updating a pet's status, you will see a pop up with a preview message to send to all enquirers about this update in the pet's status. Learn more about the bulk messenger feature here.