Using the 'On Hold' feature
In situations where you may be reviewing applications, the adoption is pending, or the pet is on trial, you can place a pet listing On hold. This will remove the listing from active search results and prevent further enquiries/applications from being submitted for the particular pet.
Placing a listing On hold removes the listing from the public search results. However, adopters who have bookmarked the pet in My Favourites can see that the listing has been placed on hold.
There are two ways to place a listing on hold:
First, go to the Manage My Pets page.
- select the checkbox next to the pet's listing
- then scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the prompts to 'Update status of selected listings to'
When selecting 'On Hold', another dropdown will appear, where you can select the reason for this update, as shown below.
This option can also be used to update the status of multiple pets at once.
The second option to update a pet's status to on hold is by going to the pet listing.
- at the top of the pets listing, you will find the Update Status section
- again, when selecting 'On Hold', another dropdown will appear, where you can select the reason for this update, as shown below.
- be sure to click ‘Update status’ to confirm this change
Bulk message update to enquirers
After updating a pet's status, you will see a pop-up with a preview message to send to all enquirers about this update in the pet's status. Learn more about the bulk messenger feature here. We encourage you to utilise this feature as a prompt and efficient way to let any unsuccessful enquirers know the status of the pet they had previously been interested in and encourage them to continue in their search!