Sending a message to all enquirers after updating a pet's status (bulk message)
If you’re looking to update a pet's status and have received tons of enquiries for a pet, you can notify all enquirers at once with an automated message. This is really helpful for keeping enquirers informed.
Step 1: Update the pet's status
- To send a message to all enquirers, you will first need to go to the pet’s listing and update the pet's status to ‘on hold’ or ‘adopted’.
- To update your pet's status, log in and go to 'Manage My Pets' to find the pet listing that you wish to update.
- Once on the pet's listing, you will find the option 'Update Status' at the top of their listing and details.
- Click on the drop-down, select the status you'd like to update to, and click the 'Update Status' button.
Step 2: Send a bulk message to all the enquirers.
- Upon updating the pet's status, a pop up will appear with a preview message to send to enquirers informing them of this status change.
- For pets that have been adopted, this will be a preset message, however for pets changed to on hold, this message can be customised.
- To send, click the big green button which says ‘Yes, notify unsuccessful enquirers’ or ‘Yes, send enquirers an update’
Step 3: Exclude the adopter or an enquirer from the bulk message
- Before the message sends, another pop-up will ask you to choose the adopter or enquirer the pet is on hold for (this is so we don’t send a notification to them).
- Select the individual from the drop-down menu which lists all those who sent an enquiry for the pet.
- Once you have selected the enquirer, or selected the 'none of the above' option, click 'Send notification'.
- And with that, all enquirers will be notified within the same conversation window where they first enquired about the pet.